In my last post, I dedicated a week to catch up on my TBR pile. And maybe I’d add a second week. Both weeks were still not enough to shorten my reading stack. But I did get a lot of reading done.
Prior to my reading staycation, I had checked out Tracy Chevalier‘s The Last Runaway from my local library. I decided to finish it before I started anything on my TBR pile. It was worth the time finishing it and avoiding a late fee!
A Portland publisher offered ARCs of This Particular Happiness: A Childless Love Story, a memoir by Jackie Shannon Hollis. I was fortunate enough to receive one and read it during my summer reading R&R. Once given the OK I’ll be posting a review here, Goodreads, and Amazon.
I also started a new book from Karen Eisenbrey, Wizard Girl (Daughter of Magic Book 2). Karen is a talented writer and musician. I’ll review her book on Goodreads and Amazon when I’ve finished reading it.
Sprinkled throughout my two reading weeks were some other books. They included:
- The Deep End by Julie Mulhern
- A Memory of Violets: A Novel of London’s Flower Sellers by Hazel Gaynor
- Colleen Faulkner‘s Our New Normal
And there’s always room for a writing book or two, such as:
- It Was the Best of Sentences, It Was the Worst of Sentences by June Casagrande
- We Wanted to be Writers by Eric Olsen and Glenn Schaeffer