I love books. I love writing and reading them. And yes, I love helping other writers by reviewing their books. Please let me know if you have a question about these guidelines.
I am committed to fairness and honesty in my reviews. I do not receive compensation for reviews, other than the occasional free review copy from a publisher or author. A free book in no way affects my commitment to honesty in my reviews.
Under an FTC ruling in 2009, I am required to disclose when I am reviewing a book for a publisher or author. In the event I have been provided a free review copy, it will be noted at the end of my review with the proper language.
To Publishers & Authors:
Thank you for your interest in having your book reviewed here.
Please be aware that all books sent to me are considered for review, but I cannot guarantee a review for every title. In addition to being published on this blog, reviews will be cross posted on Amazon,Goodreads, my Facebook page, Twitter andPinterest, unless you ask otherwise. If there are sites on which you would like the review posted, pleaseadvise. Keep in mind that I am not a professional reviewer. I’m just an avid reader, writer and editor, who loves to help get the word out about good books.
If you would like to send a copy (or several) of your book for review or for a giveaway to my followers, please contact me via email at sherrey(at)sherreymeyer(dot)com or click here to use my contact form. You will be contacted as soon as possible with shipping instructions if a print copy is being provided. I review ebooks as well.
In your email, please include:
- Title and author of the book you would like reviewed
- Cover image to use in the review
- A short blurb about the book (think the jacket description)
- An excerpt from your book, no longer than a chapter
- Any links I might find helpful
- If you would be open to a giveaway, please let me know. Your response will not affect my response or review.
Some things you need to know:
- I only give away books that I have read and reviewed, and rated at least 4 or 5 stars on retail sites. I do not ordinarily use a star system as I find a great disparity across the sites which do. If you have questions, please ask.
- I DO NOT review books in the order received. I read what I want to read when I want to read it. Otherwise, I would begin to feel like The Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe trying to keep tabs on all those children. A specific review date will be considered. So please ask nicely and I’ll see what I can do.
- Books in the following genres ACCEPTED for review:
- Creative Nonfiction
- Self-published books in the above genre