Yes, you're invited to guest post on my blog. I would love to share this space with you. Whether you have a post already written, or you have a great idea you would like to share, you can find everything you need to know about guest posting in the guidelines below.
By offering guest posts to my readers, I hope to take part in building up the writing community, especially as it relates to memoir writing, as well as the publishing options available to today's writers.
- Your review of a memoir, biography, family history or a book on writing, either memoir or writing in general.
- Your own experience in writing memoir, biography or family history.
- Resources for writers of memoir, biography or family history.
- Tips on writing issues.
- Author interviews (I interview the author or if you're a guest poster, you give a short review of the author's book with a short interview with the author).
- Publishing process (i.e. steps necessary, the editing steps inherent to the process, locating professionals to assist you, beta readers, etc.).
- Something you've written that you'd like to share highlighting your own story.
- Another topic I've overlooked on memoir, biography or other nonfiction topics.
- Original content should appear in your post. If something you've seen online inspires you, feel free to write about it in your own words. Your post's appearance here will be its first publishing. If your inspiration has come from someone else, be sure to give proper credit.
- As the owner of this blog, I reserve the right to suggest changes or make minor edits to your post. However, I will contact you and you will have an opportunity to check any suggestions or edits before publishing your post. I am always open to discussion about my suggestions or edits.
- Please submit posts that are well thought out and thorough. Word count: 500-800 words maximum.
- Post deadline: at least a week before it goes live.
- Attach a photo, together with brief bio and links to ways readers can follow you (i.e., website/blog, Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Google+, etc.).
- I will announce your post on Facebook and tag you, as well as on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google+, and I usually share the link with various groups on these platforms. Feel free to do the same and more if you want.
- Email your post to me as an attachment, together with your bio and photo to salice78(at)comcast(dot)net.
Link Requirements and Policies:
- Links in your guest post are encouraged, as long as they are relevant and valid. Please double-check these links as I will remove any non-working links or those that are irrelevant to the post.
- Affiliate links are not permitted, no matter how relevant.
- Any submissions whose purpose is solely to promote a website, company, or product is not acceptable as a guest post.
- Images help grab people’s attention, so I recommend you have at least one or two in your post. If you are unable to provide an image, I will attempt to find one for you.
- If the images you use are not your own, please make sure you have permission to use them in a post and make sure they are properly credited.
If you want to submit a guest post or guest post idea, or if you have a question about these guidelines, please contact me using the Contact Form located under the "About" label on the menu.
Image: Flickr via SummerTX